MOVED!

PLEASE NOTE THE SHIFT TO
http://jereneminnie.blogspot.sg
ON 6 JANUARY 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Social Networking

Quite some time ago, I read an article on a magazine regarding the number of friends a person have on his/her social networking site, that is Facebook. I thought that I could share some of my thoughts on this.

One person in the article said that there was no point adding/having a friend on Facebook whom you are only acquaintances/don't know at all but saw each other once or so. She pointed that she wouldn't want to know/bother about where that person is since she don't even know that person well, so she would rather add friends she really know personally.

Another said that she don't mind adding/having friends who are only acquaintances. She once asked for help for her friend on Facebook. In the end, the person who replied was actually someone whom she met once only.

People often forgot that such sites are for networking purpose, except the emotional part. Yes, you might only want to add people whom you know personally/close to them. But how many people in the world can you be close with? Who knows one day when you need help, the person who is going to help you is someone whom you least expected to get help from?

As for me, I only add/accept friend requests for people whom I have mutual friends with. Otherwise, it's a no deal. Even if acquaintance, I would accept. I can't possibly accept everyone's request and it's really difficult to filter your friends on Facebook when there are so many unknown ones.

These are just my thoughts. No offence to anyone :)

Anyway, it's Friday again! Enjoy the weekend :D

No comments:

Post a Comment