MOVED!

PLEASE NOTE THE SHIFT TO
http://jereneminnie.blogspot.sg
ON 6 JANUARY 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Class Christmas Party + School Bazaar

We had a class christmas party last Tuesday (13 December) with lots of (sinful) food. The party was part of company bonding in due of the Christmas season, but only 2/3 of the class showed up because some of them was preparing to go overseas. Oh well.

Why do we need class bonding? Actually this is the only and first-and-may-be-last-in-my-life module that requires the entire class to work together. We came up with different marketing plans previous semester and had to consolidate to one for it to be carried out this semester. Therefore, we are a company, instead of a class. We need to work as a class/company for our grade - even though peer appraisal takes up about 30%.

Everyone had a position to play. For me, I took up the role of SECRETARY :) You must be thinking why I'm crazy to choose this job. I had to write minutes, consolidate work, update calendar etc. SIAO right? I was initially voted to be the HR manager, but plans changed when tutor mentioned minutes. I thought that the secretary job would better unleash my potential (WOW).

Honestly, I'm putting all of what I had learnt into this job - that is multi-tasking. I had to listen, write and provide comments/feedbacks/suggestions at the same time. I'm probably the only busy one after each meeting and I think no one bothers to read my long-winded and detailed minutes except tutor and perhaps President/VP. Even my classmates said that I can apply for secretary job. Thanks, anyone wants to hire me? :P (I'm seriously considering that.)


Ok, back to the party. Anyway, all food are being paid for by the company we are working for. ^^

Knowing that the food is going to be sinful, I visited the school gym alone in the morning before the meeting. I had to carry my backpack, shoe bag, laptop and cardboard. How awkward it is for me when I take the bus - people must be thinking "Why can't she just take a cab?" Because I don't like taking cab to school.


The cake arrived before any other food.


My first time for Awfully Chocolate :)


Did I mention that the class ordered 2 cakes of 6"?




All the presents ready for Christmas gift exchange :)


The (sinful) food.


See the upper right pizza - Seafood Ocean.
All the hungry people took it before I even start taking photo. I didn't even had a chance to take it. ...


Some of the leftover - so we played number games and used the food as punishment.


Ying Hong - first to be punished and always got the punishment, no matter where she sits.

WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
WARNING.
.
.
.
You've been warned.
.
.
.


See, I warned you. Too bo liao already, so they want to take a shot with her. Mengyu, make sure you don't wear red to school again. Even at the previous picture, she was also scary.

We were actually laughing like crazy. When taking this photo, I was also afraid of my back - like something happen. LOL. Mengyu also edited the photo to make it look scarier. I shan't put it here - because it feels as though a group of friends explore the place and I'm the one taking photo and seeing things -.-

In the end, we had about 2 slices of cake left and we gave them to the other tutors. We contacted one and told her to give to this tutor who sits beside her (our tutor too), but she asked who to give another to, so she asked who our favourite tutor was. -awkward silence/moment-

That pretty much end the party, which is also a meeting, meaning I still have to write minutes - but I haven't.

---

A little back, we had a bazaar in the school Munch on 5 December (Monday).
(Apologies for the low-quality photo - taken with phone.)


Our class window display at Block 72 :)








The group members at the booth.
We rented the Christmas girl costume and one went around the school with the girl to ask if people want to participate in the lucky dip for free - to drive traffic to our booth :P





Nothing much happens. The traffic wasn't very good even though it was at Munch - only lunchtime crowd. Otherwise, it was pretty quiet.

---

When January starts, I'll be busy for all Sundays because we are doing our selling activities (as in the company) at Chinatown. Ok, let me enjoy the last of 2011 first, with many projects to do at the same time. Irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment