MOVED!

PLEASE NOTE THE SHIFT TO
http://jereneminnie.blogspot.sg
ON 6 JANUARY 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph



Movie Synopsis
Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore (TV’s “The Simpsons,” “Futurama”) take moviegoers on a hilarious, arcade-game-hopping journey in “Wreck-It Ralph.” Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly, “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby,” “Step Brothers”) is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer, “30 Rock”), the “good guy” star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades doing the same thing and seeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he’s tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.

On his quest, he meets the tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch, TV’s “Glee”) from the first-person action game Hero’s Duty. But it’s the feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman, “The Sarah Silverman Program”) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, whose world is threatened when Ralph accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens the entire arcade. Will Ralph realize his dream and save the day before it’s too late? “Wreck-It Ralph” crashes onto the big screen on December 20, 2012, in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.

Official Release Date: 20 December 2012

Disney Studio Singapore
Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/disneystudiosSG
Official YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/disneystudiosSG
Official Twitter Account: http://www.twitter.com/disneystudiosSG


A highly-anticipated (ok at least to me) movie is coming to you soon this Thursday, 20 December! I have always loved Disney "cartoon" movies, especially movie like this. Not because of the fiction or fairy tale, but most of the times, it teaches me something.


What are the games and characters in the movie?


Fix-It Felix, Junior
Hero's Duty
Sugar Rush


Guess what happens when 3 different games come together? & below are the 5 characters which I thought make the entire story (of course there are more). I think you will know which game the character is from, given the background.

WRECK-IT RALPH
Bad Guys Finish Last

Ralph is a heavy-handed wrecking' riot with a heart. For 30 years—day in, day out—he's been doing his job as “The Bad Guy” in the arcade game Fix-it Felix, Jr.
FIX-IT FELIX, JR.
The All-Around Good Guy

Felix is the popular star of Fix-It Felix, Jr. and Niceland's hammer-wielding maintenance man who's beloved by all.
SGT. CALHOUN
One Mean Space Marine

In the sci-fi battle zone of Hero's Duty, Sergeant Calhoun is more than just a pretty face—she is the tough-as-nails, take-charge leader who fights for humanity's freedom.
VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ
Hard Candy

Known as "The Glitch," Vanellope is a pixelating programming mistake in the candy-coated cart-racing game Sugar Rush.
KING CANDY
King of All That’s Sweet

All hail King Candy—ruler of the race track, captain of confectionary, sovereign of sugar.


Who do you think is my favourite game character?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ

Well if you know me enough, you will know that I will choose her. Every movie has this little adorable character, like Boo in Monster Inc or Agnes in Despicable Me. This movie is no exception. So does that mean I like the other two as well? YES. (If you realise, these girls are always in small sizes & the guys are larger.) She looks so sweet and cute plus her high pony tail is attractive.

& I'm so jealous of her. Look, this cutie lives in candy island in the game "Sugar Rush"!

Oh sweet paradise. Perhaps not to her since she face it everyday. But I wish I can go into this "heaven" to experience it. I want a chocolate pool too! Guess what? There's red velvet (cup)cake and many more.


What are my thoughts for the movie?



IT IS A MUST-WATCH! For people (like me) who likes "cartoon", I really enjoy the movie. I must say it really met my expectations or even better than I thought. The story is well-thought.

It is something that I have never thought of before this. Like Rachel said, I won't be seeing arcades the same way as before again, but not like we always visited it.



Well it taught us one thing that badies might not want to be bad after all. They are probably who they are and what they do. Maybe to better understand, just know that if they are no bad peeps in this world, there won't be any good ones either.

The movie included comedy, romance and action, plus the fact that it is animation, which I thought was pretty suitable for the entire family.

Catch the trailer & you will know why I am so excited upon knowing the movie is coming soon!


Trailer





What is after the movie?

After watching the movie, I really feel like playing Wreck-It Ralph!



But the movie does not just stop here because...



Participate in Candy Cane Catapult on Disney Studios Singapore Facebook page - Achieve high scores & stand to win exclusive Wreck-It Ralph movie premiums!



I just had my try at the game and oh mine, I was so close to winning (that is to get the gold medal), but that little rascal appeared and pushed "me" down :( My highest score is 6000+ (which I forgot to screenshot), which is relatively low as compared to the top scorers. One thing to note: act fast! Well, they say "practice makes perfect", so I shall play again!



You can help to build the Candilicious Xmas tree with the accumulated distance points! Now that I have more points (since I kept "failing" the mission), I can put more candies onto the tree.


The festive season is here, so why not take some time off to catch this movie with your loved ones? I'm sure you will like it as much as I do (that is if you have been waiting for this).



Catch Disney’s WRECK-IT RALPH in Singapore cinemas this 20 December 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to the Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

*All images are extracted from the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment