MOVED!

PLEASE NOTE THE SHIFT TO
http://jereneminnie.blogspot.sg
ON 6 JANUARY 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Frankenweenie

Tim Burton is back with his latest masterpiece filmed in BLACK & WHITE!
A stop-motion film about a young boy with his "dead" beloved pet.


*Image retrieved from Cathay Cineplexes Singapore & NuffnangSG respectively.

Movie synopsis:
*Image retrieved from NuffnangSG.

From creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.

A stop-motion animated film, “Frankenweenie” will be filmed in black and white and rendered in 3D. The talented voice cast includes: Catherine O’Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Robert Capron, Conchata Ferrell and Winona Ryder.

Presented by Disney, “Frankenweenie” is directed by Tim Burton, produced by Tim Burton and Allison Abbate, from a screenplay by John August, based on an original idea by Tim Burton.

Trailer:



To me, a pet is like another human being, another loved one. There will be love and bonds built over a period of time spent together, especially he/she is someone whom you see and spent time with everyday. I'm sure you will definitely feel the great difference should the pet passed away.

So what lengths will you go to keep your favourite pet by your side forever?

Nobody says it is going to be easy to let things go and let the deceased pass on and we have to move on with our lives. It is never easy. I will definitely grieve over the death of the loved one. I also start to blame myself for not spending more quality time with him/her even though as much as I know, he/she won't blame you for what you have done. I know that I cannot go back to the past, so the only thing I should and could do is to move on.

However, if I have the ability (that is if I am a scientist/genius), I will build a time machine.

*Image retrieved from Google search.
I will travel back to the past and spend more time with the loved one. I will also probably stop the incident (death) from happening. Or keep rewinding time to the past to spend more time together. I will relive all the precious and important moments in my life. *Deja vu* You may argue that I will then not treasure every single second and minute spent together. No, you are wrong. Cancerians are family lovers. We value kinship more than our lives.

Alternatively, to let the deceased go peacefully, I am willing to let him/her go than to see him/her suffer and blame himself/herself for not being useful if he/she would be happy that way. Deep down I know, it is not very easy to let go since he/she have been with me for the longest time since I remember.

*Image retrieved from Google search.
Thus, to keep him/her, the heart is probably the best place. I will keep and carry the things he/she left for me so that I will always remember him/her for his/her love and more.

I choose to believe that each death occurred in this universe means a new birth/life in another universe, hoping that each pain ends here will bring happiness and joy in others' faces.

Nothing is forever "forever" anyway. But if "forever" ever exists, I would probably choose the same family or him/her to be part of the family again the next life.



Catch Disney’s FRANKENWEENIE in cinemas this 15 November 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

*All images and synopsis are retrieved on 5 November.

No comments:

Post a Comment