MOVED!

PLEASE NOTE THE SHIFT TO
http://jereneminnie.blogspot.sg
ON 6 JANUARY 2013

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Snowball Cookie

I guess I need to blog this recipe before the "Christmas" season ends. I baked this last Wed for the company's Xmas party on Thurs. *ahem* I received compliments! Anyway, I think it's the thought that counts :)


http://instagram.com/p/TbMeI6OSvk/

Snowball Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 - 3 dozen

Ingredients
  • 1 cup salted butter, softened (I used unsalted)
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp cornstarch 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, for coating

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter on medium speed until creamy, about 20 seconds.
  3. Blend in 2/3 cup powdered sugar and salt.
  4. Mix in vanilla.
  5. Sprinkle cornstarch over mixture (just so it doesn't blend into one area).
  6. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour and mix just until combine.
  7. Stir in Pecans.
  8. Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into a ball, then place balls on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 16 - 18 minutes, until bottom edges are lightly golden (these are a cookie that I think are best when they aren't moist in the center so I'd say don't under bake them. These actually are a cookie that are meant to be dry. Dry but a melt in your mouth kind of dry).
  9. Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes then while cookies are still warm, pour 2 cups powdered sugar into a bowl and roll cookies in powdered sugar.
  10. Transfer to a wire rack to cool then once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar once more, this time to generously coat (I pressed it into the powdered sugar to give it a thick coating.
  11. Store cookies in an airtight container.

Recipe Source: Cooking Classy

Actually, the ones I made are not very round :( Personally I think it won't be completely round because when the dough got in touch with the hot surface, the bottom tends to go flat a little. I think it might work if you use cake pop maker.

Well, I rolled them while the cookies are still warm but they are hot! Anyway, some of them told me that it is sweet and I could have reduced the icing sugar the next time if I were to make it.

Does anyone knows the actual name of this cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment